Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Simplicity

Photobucket

Photobucket

I apologize for the awkwardness of this photo. But I love the pockets on this cardigan! And let me introduce you to my jean leggings. They are somewhere in the middle, a lot thicker than regular leggings, but they look like jeans to the untrained eye. They feel like sweatpants!!! So comfy yet chic.



Photobucket


These shoes are so amazing! Gotta love UO sales. I was so proud of myself for buying them. Pretty much ALL of my shoes are black or cognac or some variation of the two, and I've been challenging myself to buy more colored, bright shoes.

Photobucket

Photobucket



November 17, 2009

Well... I woke up late yesterday morning and had to just kind of throw something together. Tada! This is the best I could come up with at 6am. When this cardigan came in the mail from American Apparel, I was a bit disappointed, but now I am in love! The color is so amazing in person and I love the boyfriend fit. I just got my bangs trimmed and a little thicker last week so I'm still kind of channeling Zooey D. I've been looking for an elegant, classic, eye-popping hair pin for a while now and I almost bought one on Etsy for way more than I paid for this beautiful, well-made hair pin from Forever 21. I have to say, that store is completely hit or miss, although right now I'm kind of on a strike from them. I bought a really adorable cardigan-style shirt last week and tried it on and it was SO flattering. So I bought it and planned on wearing it the next day to school and a concert. When I woke up and got dressed, a button on the sleeve had already fallen off! OK, things happen, that's forgiven. At school, in the period of two hours, two more buttons fell off. I knew the shirt would never survive the washing machine. And on top of that, the shirt had a bow (at a closer look, VERY poorly sewn on) that kept going crooked and I constantly had to fix it. So I still had all the tags and receipt and Forever wouldn't take it back! They didn't even give me store credit or an apology at that. I understand I wore it for a little bit, but the quality was SO poor. Shame on them, and shame on me for not looking closer I suppose.

So that's my rant.

Outfit details:
Hair Pin: Forever 21
Neclace: Forever 21
Cardigan: American Apparel
Jean Leggings: Jolt
Flats: Kimchi Blue




No comments:

Post a Comment