Sunday, May 23, 2010

Virginia's Eastern Shore: Outfit Post

Last weekend, Patrick and I took a little day trip to the Eastern Shore.  Patrick lives in a neighborhood right by the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, the bridge you have to take to get to the Eastern Shore (and my Starbucks is right down the street) and it is absolutely amazing how driving over the 10 minute bridge can take you from one universe to another.  Virginia Beach is more city/suburban while the Eastern Shore is almost completely rural.  If you have ever dreamed of abandoned houses.. you'd be home at the Eastern Shore. I wanted to venture in a few for photos but Pat wouldn't let me! Sigh. Maybe someday!


336

339
345
346
351

It was a chilly & rainy day so I just had to reach for my favorite 1970s pale yellow raincoat.. which just so happens to be on sale at my shop here! The dress is also for sale in my shop riiight here, although you can't see it very well in these pictures (we just snapped & hopped back in the car because of the rain!). There were tons of these wildflowers growing on the side of the road & I couldn't resist.. the colors just seemed meant to be paired with my coat!

The necklace has easily become one of my favorites and I haven't taken it off since it came in the mail last week. Lushae Jewelry generously offered me any piece in their collection and it took me several days to decide because I truly loved so many pieces. My necklace arrived within days of the order and was beautifully packaged.  The quality of the necklace is truly stunning and the gold chain is incredibly sturdy! You can expect to see many more outfits featuring this necklace. Check out Lushae Jewelry & see the unique designs for yourself!

Tomorrow morning I will be posting about our actual trip, so stay tuned!

Outfit Details:
Raincoat: Vintage, from shop
Dress: Vintage, from shop
Necklace: courtesy of Lushae Jewelry (available here)
Belt: H&M
Boots: Sam Edelman

Currently Playing: Langhorne Slim, "I Love You, But Goodbye"

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful coat. Great with the belt.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany! I miss you! This jacket looks amazing on you and you look so pretty as always. Hope everything is good in your little world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jacket is so pretty. Looks gorgeus there.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous outfit! I love your necklace

    ReplyDelete