Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Mountain" of Virginia Beach

We took a trip to the good ole Virginia Beach "Mountain".. aka, Mt. Trashmore. I live right next door and let me tell you.. it is HARDLY a mountain and I promise it doesn't smell of trash. The foundations of Mt. Trashmore is compost.. a very eco-friendly site! But there's a playground, a bike & running path, and a lake. Overall a very peaceful place! You can expect to see lots of little kiddies (and maybe us too) rolling down the hill!
mt trashmore & shelby 005
mt trashmore & shelby 007
mt trashmore & shelby 010
Lately I'm in love with anything lacey! This blouse was borrowed from my shop. Everything here except for the shoes was thrifted! I've been meaning to wear this little scarf since winter, but just wasn't sure of the right outfit. It's 100% silk & made in the USA, I believe it to be from the 1950s or 1960s. I have two other sisters of this scarf that I will try to incorporate into outfits sometime this summer!
mt trashmore & shelby 016
mt trashmore & shelby 013
Oh, and since Patrick was making fun of me for doing some goofy things in this photo shoot, I made him take an outfit picture to see how easy it is! Hm.. well.. he tried, right?
mt trashmore & shelby 023

Outfit Details:
Scarf: thrifted
Blouse: thrifted (in the shop)
Skirt: thrifted
Shoes: H&M

Currently Playing: Donavon Frankenreiter, "These Arms"

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, such a nice scarf11
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha guys just don't understand the difficulty of looking relaxed while doing outfit photos! ;P jk

    ReplyDelete