Monday, January 11, 2010

And I laughed in my pretty bed of green

Remember how I said Danielle and I tried to visit the museum last week, got lost, and by the time we figured out where it was we also figured out that it was CLOSED that day?  Well, we finally ventured out again.. we still got lost but it was open at least!
new2
new 6
new 7
In front of the museum, there is a great little garden that is just too adorable for words, which is where we took these pictures.  It has such a romantic, whimsical feel, don't you think?
new 9
new 8
This outfit is all about the little details.  I loved how the slight ruffling action of the cardigan paired with the vintage lace top.  This lacy beauty was one of my first (and still one of my favorite) thrift finds.  I got it in early high school, probably when I was about 14 or 15 years old, I love it to death.  Perfect pale pink color with pearl buttons! You'll definitely be seeing more of it since it's one of my favorite romantic tops.. especially come spring.  I loved how it matched the pink in the scarf yet the grey tones kept the outfit neutral and great for winter.
new 7
new1
new 3
new 5
new 4
Danielle took these photos.. isn't she just a great best friend?!  Shes turned into quite the photo director as well..!



Outfit Details: 
Headband: Gap
Coat: Calvin Klein
Scarf: H&M
Bag: Coach, Thrifted
Cardigan: H&M
Blouse: Thrifted
Belt: Taken from thrifted dress
Skirt: Thrifted
Leggings: Target
Boots: Sam Edelman



I'm very excited to announce that for my next five posts, I will be doing a series called "Outfit Exhibits: Art-Inspired Fashion."  I will be posting five consecutive posts, each inspired by a particular piece of art at the museum that I was completely inspired by.  Be sure to come back soon and check them out!


Currently Playing: *Priscilla Ahn, "Dream"
*Most talented female musician I've ever encountered.

EDIT: Apparently my Photobucket bandwidth has been exceeded and so they temporarily disabled many of my photos.  They will be restored on the 28th when my monthly limit is back to zero.  Stick with me and I'm sorry! I'm switching to Flickr.  

19 comments:

  1. Lovely top! I adore the pale lace, you're right, and you work it with such an amazing English vibe in these photos! Love!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your art-inspired looks! These photos are really beautiful, too. Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love priscilla ahn, glad someone else knows who she is
    i also like the subdued color of your jacket and the tiny hint of lace underneath
    thanks for sharing as always
    and thanks for the lovely comments, i really appreciate it

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I'm so excited for your upcoming art-inspired posts! Great idea! And this outfit is just lovely. I love the belt! You're so pretttty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty scarf! Art inspired outfits sound exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome idea gaining inspiration from pieces of artwork. the first thing that drew me to these photos was your gorgeous scarf! its delightful how the colors are muted yet still interesting.

    very cute hair cut btw - i really like your long bangs!

    xo.
    princesspolitico

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the layers in this outfit!! you look so comfy, charming and chic!!!!

    and omg! i totally love priscilla ahn!!! im so happy to find someone who listens to her :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit! You are so pretty! I cant wait to see the art inspired outfits! Priscilla is one of my favorite :) Her voice takes me to another world...love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute look and I love the look of lighter colored tights. The photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos!
    And you know, i went through the same thing every month with photobucket! I think it gave me a little heart attack everytime it would happen so yeah I switched to flickr and use picnik to edit my pictures. Photobucket is just too unreliable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a beautiful outfit! :)

    love your blog! :)
    - Audrey Allure <3
    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look lovely! Your layering is superb!! The red coat is also fab :))

    ♥ Aya
    strawberrykoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look great! I have had to layer because of all the cold weather, but I'm not nearly as good as you are at it!

    freshbrownies

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos are gorgeous! I love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a great blog here. I like reading personal blogs, luckily I found yours today. I have a blog myself which brings inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. Life is hard enough, and I hope that my site can provide even the slightest bit of happiness and guidance to anyone's day.

    I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Please let me know if this is possible. Until then, keep up the good work.

    Jason
    TheWISDOMWALL.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These photos are beautiful, lovely outfit and setting.

    ReplyDelete