Thursday, June 24, 2010

Down to the river

Hello, all! I have risen from the dead. I've actually been thinking a lot about the amout of time I spend blogging.  I REALLY wish that I had more time to do it, but with my schedule right now, it's just not happening.  When I started the blog, I would try to update my blog everyday no matter what, but it really started to stress me out and I want to view my blog as something I LOVE doing rather than more of a chore. So, I have made a conscious decision to choose quality over quanitity.  I hope you will stick with me, but by now you should be used to the update schedule!
lake& night 005

lake& night 003

I've definitely been exploring photography more and more. I'm thinking of getting a film camera, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Diana or Holga. Anyone have any experience with either of these or have other film suggestions?

My friend Catey Owen of Radiant Photography has asked me to assist her with a wedding in two weekends.. meaning my first paid gig! Honestly, I would have done it for free because a) I am obsessed with weddings b) I haven't seen Catey in forever and she's such an inspiring person and c) I'm dieing to see what kind of equipment she uses & watch the genius at work! I'm excited to have her give me some pointers and hopefully come out with some great advice, especially lighting!

lake& night 016

lake& night 017
lake& night 013

Dress from shop in Williamsburg, estate sale necklace, Target sandals

This necklace is my new favorite. It's a green jade necklace I bought at an estate sale last weekend. I believe she comes from Italy. I want to name her.. I seem to have an affinity for naming all of the animal accessories that I love..! Do you guys do the same?!

lake& night 029

lake& night 033

lake& night 031

lake& night 032

lake& night 027

14 comments:

  1. I name all of my animal accessories -- I have a tiger pin named Greeley and a turtle brooch named Monsho.

    You look really great in these photos -- love your dress! And congrats on your first paid photo gig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I have one of those necklaces, but I totally forgot about it! gotta go dig it up!

    I find posting daily only works if you really have the time and inspiration for it, which most people don't and that's perfectly normal. The one month I posted daily, it was my personal challenge for June of 2009 (on my old now defunct blog) it was really difficult. Blogging felt a lot less organic about my daily concerns and outfits, but more like I was planning out every post. I wouldn't do it again. So please don't worry about posting infrequently.

    Ooo you'd make a great wedding photographer since you're so passionate about weddings and a great photographer at that, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love diana & holga cameras, they're a treasure in photography!. Your dress is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely!! I love the pictures in the tall grass. Very pretty. And the necklace is super cute. I think you should name her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute dress! I love the different patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress - perfect for summer : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are amazing!! You picked it up pretty fast if you're just starting! Any chance you'll do a little photo teaching post??
    How are these images so crisp?

    www.morganandlua.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving these pretty pictures. Of course we'll stick with you -- the light in these photos is gorgeous.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is so adorable on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful! I love that dress and the necklace is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so pretty and what a fantastic place to photograph your outfit!
    P.S.
    I have not visited your blog in awhile, but did you change the layout?
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute necklace! Congrats on your new gig! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute blog!I love your pictures! :)

    heyfancypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovee the shottss :DD lovely hairr :DD

    xoxo
    secret of life

    ReplyDelete