Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Today...

December 1, 2009

As I mentioned in my last post, today was the beginning of exams for me. After my psych exam, I had about two and a half hours until my next one, so I went home to get some lunch and a quick review, but on the way there I remembered that there was a new (well, it's been open since summer, but I forgot about it until I saw a sign the other day) consignment/ thrift store RIGHT across the street in the shopping center by my neighborhood! I honestly wasn't expecting it to be anything too special, the most exciting thing in that shopping center is Rite Aid. When I walked in, I think my jaw might have dropped.. literally.

I wish I had my camera with me because the shop is so adorable! It's small, but completely filled with (mostly) vintage items. The clothing selection was pretty tiny.. I did find a stunning equestrian-style blazer, EXACTLY what I've been looking for, but unfortunately it was a bit too big and I feel like I could find one with a better fit somewhere. I found this cute little owl in a section filled with lots of knick knacks! Along with all of this AMAZING jewelry...

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket
The leather on this watch is actually alligator leather.. it's gorgeous.



Photobucket
This photo is a bit deceiving.. if you can't tell, this is a necklace. The gold feels so durable and luxurious! The clasp to where the knot hooks broke off, but I'm sure I will find a way to fix it.



The necklace in today's outfit post is also from the same shop...

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

Outfit details:
Necklace: Thrifted
Shirt: Old Navy
Vest: Thrifted
Black Jean Leggings: Jolt
Shoes: Thrifted

Just as I finished taking these photos, I went to upload them and I hear the doorbell ring and figure someone will get it, but then I hear my brother yell "BRITTANY! Flowers!" YES! I love getting flowers! My boyfriend is so sweet.. flowers just because! The pictures didn't turn out too great because it was starting to get dark.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. that owl is super cute! great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening Brittany,

    Wow! I love the wonderful pictures you Vintage Coat post by the sea! They are simply gorgeous! Great Finds at the thrift store! oh...and Thank you for coming by my blog, I really enjoyed your comment/visit!

    -Coco

    ourpapermoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are awesome finds!! I wish they have cool consignment stores like that here in California, the only thing is that most of our cities are pretty new so they're hard to find!

    ReplyDelete