Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What's inspiring me right now...

Alright, today I'm dressed quite boringly and I doubt anyone would want to see my outfit.  I'm just wearing jeans, a tank top, and a blazer.. I have to work most of the day and I'm just in kind of a blah mood.  I would post a picture of my work outfit... but the typical black, white, and green ensemble for Starbucks employees REALLY isn't that exciting. I had to run to Rite Aid this morning and decided to stop by two thrift stores after, and boy am I glad I did! It was my lucky day because I managed to snag a Coach bag! It's from one of the original collections from the '70s and it's called the Station Bag.  I can't express my joy for this find! I almost bought a Coach bag exactly like this from Etsy (I forgot how much it was there) but I got it for only $14!  I also scored two skirts that will be perfect for winter.  I've been consciously staying away from patterns in skirts and dresses as much as possible.  I feel like I'm drawn to prints but they aren't very practical when it comes to remixing outfits.  


I want to introduce you guys to Copenhagen Street Style, if you haven't yet discovered it.  I'm feeling so inspired right now and I wish I didn't have to work all night so I could play dress up! But, alas, I've got to make money to support my desire for vintage Coach bags and winter skirts :)  But enjoy this inspiration and visit Copenhagen Street Style here!  By the way, I discovered this site from Lievermarlene Vintage!  I absolutely adore her blog... so incredibly inspirational.. I was swooning over all of the locations in her pictures last night!



PS- I need some major help.  I can't seem to find a good way to make my photos into collages.  I managed to do this with just basic Blogspot layout, but instead of having to do it like this or have all of my photos lined up vertically, I'd like to do two pictures next to each other or just a simple collage.  Suggestions?








5 comments:

  1. i love all of these streetstyles !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely street shots. The bleak light makes the girls shone even more, I think. I too used to work at a Starbucks--the kind inside a Barnes and Nobles. I hated wearing black & white comfortable, functional clothes every single day, so I know how you feel. Can't wait for another outfit post, though!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently thrifted a vintage 80s Coach bag and I LOVE it. I'm wearing it out I love it so much! Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are wonderful inspiration.. I love all of them!

    As for collages, I always pull photos into Photoshop and put them next to each other that way. It requires more work and you can't link photos, but it works? I know a few girls who are able to pull off the side-by-side photos without putting them together in Photoshop but I don't know how they're doing it?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love, love, love all these street shots.
    xx

    ReplyDelete